List of Blogs Im Reading

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Maryland's Western Expanse


Took a long ride this past Saturday and this was the part of outcome.I do have to note that I didn't take thes pictures in this post. I was driving so I had Britney play photographer for the day. She didn't want to do it at first but her pictures turned out pretty well.

In the post before I mentioned how a picture can take you away if only for a second. Over the past couple of weeks I've been reading William Wordsworth in my British Lit class. Just to keep it simple for people who may not care to know exactly who he was, he was big a poet/writer of the British Roimantic period. I bring him up here because we discussed his idea that, "poetry is the spontaneous overflow of emotion" and for him these emotions were recollected in poetry. In his poem about Tintern Abbey he recalled a hill that overlooked a town and to him the scene was completly beaurtiful. He thinks of the same place when he is back in the city and it calms him...If any picture I post here has the ability to make a person escape where they are if only for a moment, then maybe this is all worth doing.

Kenyon












No comments:

Post a Comment